The wind tunnel type 8421 is basicly designed as test equipment for meteorological sensors.
Typical application would be test and calibration of wind speed-, wind run- and wind direction sensors. Its open construction with the measuring section in the suction part enables compact dimensions and therefore operation in relatively small rooms. Even complex-shaped rooms won’t affect the measurements seriously.
An asynchronous servo motor is used as the drive.
- Technical Specification
- Measuring range: 0.15...50 m/s
- According Reynolds number: 0.65 x 10⁴...2.15 x 10⁶
(at pL = 1013 hPa and tL = 20 °C)
- Degree of turbulence (measured in the tunnel cross section with : at v = 3 m/s: ± 0.4 %
at v = 10 m/s: ± 0.4 %
at v = 40 m/s: ± 0.3 %
- Drive power: 58 kW (at ambient temperature 20°C
and 1013 hPa and nominal operating
temperature at the motor)
- Drive control: S C R
- Power supply: 400 V 50 Hz AC/3 Ph,
max. 50 kVA
- note 8421.0000Wind Tunnel
Section 3 with Sensor on Test
Fan Section and Motor
Flow Calculation- und Thermal Anemometer System