Wind Direction, Heavy Duty Design
Wind Direction Sensor; heavy duty design with CNC-manufactured metal housing (seawater resistant aluminium alloy Al Mg Si 1, black anodized). Special rugged design with improved dynamic features basing on high precision bearings and optimised balancing.
This sensor is designed for the acquisition and electronic transmission of wind direction data. It is suitable for applications in the field of meteorology and environmental monitoring, e. g. for automatic weather stations, at airports, on research vessels, at industrial sites, for mobile measuring systems etc..
The instrument’s rugged construction and its dust- and water repellent surface, as well as the optional high performance heating enable heavy duty applications like wind energy measurement or operation under severe climatic conditions.
Thanks to various simultaneously usable outputs and further options there is a wide range of measuring tasks (refer to “Variations”).
When moving the wind vane, the wheel of the angular encoder is turned so that, depending on the wind direction, a corresponding digital signal is supplied. The subsequent electronic circuitry converts this signal to a serial output, resp. to additional analog signals (refer to "Technical Specifications"). The serial data output (TTL) corresponds an RS 232 structure, with 600 Bd, 8 bit, 1 start bit, 2 stop bit, no parity bit.
- Technical Specification
- Measuring range: 0°...359°
- Max. load: 100 m/s
- Threshold: < 0.2 m/s (at 90° initial deflection)
- Damping ratio: < 0.3 (at v = 3 m/s and initial deflection = 15°)
- Compliances: WMO Guide No. 8/7th ed.
VDI 3786, T.2, 12/2000
- Supply: Electronics:
4123.0000: 10...30 VDC; < 5 mA at 12 V
4123.1000: 10...30 VDC; 35...75 mA at 12 V
10...30 VDC; approx. 7 W
High performance heating:
24 VDC; approx. 60 W
- Output: Digital:
serial 8 bit Gray code,
RS 232 compatible, 600Bd, 8 data bit, 1 startbit, 2 stopbit, no parity, TTL level
Analogue (4123.1XXX only):
0...20 mA / 4...20 mA,
3 phase signal for direct connection of analog instruments
- Admissible load: approx. 400 Ω
- Heating: controlled by thermostat, max. 7 W
(max. 60 W with high-performance heating)
- Admissible ambient temperature: -25…+80°C;
-40…+80°C (with high performance heating)
- Housing material: Aluminium alloy
- Connection: 12 p., plug and socket, water and dust proof acc. to IP67
- Dimensions: length: approx. 370 mm
max. turning radius: 350 mm
max. housing Ø: 80mm
pivot: Ø 34 x 40 mm
weight: approx. 1,015 Kg
- note 4123.00008 bit Gray code with serial output, TTL level; with built-in heating
- note 4123.01008 bit Gray code with serial output, TTL level; with high-performance heating max. 60 W
- note 4123.10008 bit Gray code with serial output, TTL level, analogue outputs 0...20 mA / 4...20 mA, 3 phase signal for direct connection of analogue instruments; with built-in heating
- note 4123.11008 bit Gray code with serial output, TTL level, analogue outputs 0...20 mA / 4...20 mA, 3 phase signal for direct connection of analogue instruments; with high-performance heating max. 60 W